Dingle Peninsula & Slea Head 3 Hour Group Tour
Our award winning Dingle Peninsula and Slea Head 3 hour group tour is one not to be missed! The Dingle Peninsula located in the south west coast of Ireland was once cited by The National Geographic as “the most beautiful place on earth” and TripAdvisor voting Dingle among the top one hundred destinations in the world.
No matter where you travel on the Dingle Peninsula, the views of hills, mountains, cliffs and sandy beaches and not forgetting Dingle Harbour home to Fungie the Dingle dolphin. Dingle a vibrant fishing port in the heart of the Peninsula is known for its colourful variety of shops and cosy pubs and café’s. Dingle is for the most part a Gaeltacht or Irish-speaking area, one of the few rural places in Ireland where this ancient language has not died out. Alongside the language, Irish traditional music and dance also flourish and play a key feature in the pubs every evening. Take a look at our itinerary below and if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tour times and stops on this tour:
Morning Tour departs at 10:00 am daily
Afternoon Tour departs at 2:00 pm daily
- Eask Tour was built in 1847 in order to guide the ships and boats into the mouth of the blind harbour.
- Ventry Harbour opens up as you head along the Slea Head Drive. With its glorious crescent blue shaped beach, swimming, shore angling and horse riding are popular here.
- The Fahan Group Beehive Huts comprises of 19 souterrain and 18 standing clocháns (beehive huts). There are also inscribed stones, sculptured crosses and earthen ring forts.
- The Blasket Islands (Na Blascaodaí) in Irish are a group of islands off the Dingle Peninsula. The main island (An t-Oileán Tiar) was inhabited by a completely Irish speaking population until 1953. The inhabitants were evacuated to the mainland (Dún Chaoin) on the 17th November 1953.
- Coumeenole Beach was used as one of the locations for the filming of Ryan’s Daughter. It also has some breath-taking views of the Blasket Islands.
- Star Wars Set Location is located on Sybil Head or Ceann Sibéal.
- Visit a local sheep farm and hold a Baby Lamb!
- Gallarus Oratory the most perfect example of about twenty such oratories in Ireland. Gallarus Oratory is thought to have been built in the 7th to 8th century.
- Killmakeadar Church, a fine Romanesque church built on the site of an earlier church of St. Maol Cathair. The church had a corbelled roof. The east window is known as Cró na Snaithide or eye of the needle and pilgrims were supposed to squeeze through it to be saved.
Please contact us today to book your 3 hour group tour of the Dingle Peninsula.
Cost per person: 30 Euro
Your driver/guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Dingle.
Pre- booking is essential to avoid disappointment. A minimum of 4 people is required.
Rory & Eibhlís.